Moving locally or long distance can be stressful no matter how prepared you think you are. Here are some helpful tips from Phoenix Movers, Get Your Move On (GYMO) to help make your move go smoother:
Get your appliances ready for the move.
Refrigerator and/or Freezer:
- Be sure to allow 24 -48 hours before your actual move to defrost your freezer and/or refrigerator.
- Prepare to have a cooler ready for storing drinks and other snacks on the day of the move for you and your family.
Items the movers can’t move or handle themselves.
Check with Phoenix Movers about items that they are not able to move for safety reasons. These would be items that are anything that is flammable, combustible or explosive (chemicals, aerosols, etc.).
- You can dispose of these items yourself.
- You can move these items yourself.
- You can donate these items.
- You should use quality boxes and packing materials so that your items are protected during the move.
- Label all the boxes clearly. That way, if you are looking for something specific, it will be easier to locate.
Label clearly the items that are not going to be moved.
- GYMO understands that not every item goes on the truck and to your new home. Place these items away in either a closet or in another room. That way, your Phoenix Movers will know what it is not going to take on the truck.
- Be sure you are home when your Phoenix Movers arrive. The GYMO crew will be ready to get started when they arrive and they will need you available in case there are any questions.
- If you have do young children, get a baby sitter or try to arrange a play date for them. This way they will be out of the way and you can concentrate on the move.
- Pets should be kept either in a room or outside during the move. Get Your Move on doesn’t want to put your children, your belongings, or our crews at risk.
Moving day safety
Make sure your walkways are clear of anything that may cause your mover or yourself to stumble or trip.
- Clear the driveway
- Remove leaves
- Put away toys
Once GYMO is finished loading the moving van, do a final walk through of your home and see if any of your belongings are still there.
Check the following places for anything that might have gotten left behind:
As you are performing the final walk through, check to make sure that all windows are closed and locked and turn off any lights.